- Create a single, unified user interface for applications residing
on a variety of platforms: Unix, Lotus Notes, AS/400, Windows
95/98/NT, SQL Server, Oracle and more
- Present content to users based on relevance to their job function
- Create and document an easy-to-use maintenance and administration
- Created a personalized user interface for employees that presents
links to content based on their department, business unit affiliation
and business process responsibility.
- Provided a series of unified user templates for converting databases
and applications into web-based applications
- Provided web-based access to JD Edwards application running
- Designed and Deployed a Webcam system which provides live images
and time-lapse video from ABB construction sites across the United
- Developed, documented and trained users on content development
architecture and processes.
- Intranet a huge success: over 90% of accessible employees use
the Intranet daily
- Over 20 software applications are now available through the
Intranet, including document management applications, project
databases and CAD drawing management
- Training time greatly reduced for new employees
Fred Tyler, ABB Alstom Powers Intranet Manager, says:
Working with this team has been crucial to the overall
success of the Intranet. And we have gotten a number of benefits
from the Intranet - people use it everywhere. One example is that
newly hired employees are able to quickly learn what they need
to do their jobs online. This is a crucial advantage because we
are hiring new people constantly. Now we have a solution that
allows our employees to find what they need when they need it.
Were always adding something new - recently, we built an
Online Travel Center and an Industry-specific news service that
have been big hits with the users.